Director of Logistics
The Montréal Pride Festival team is looking for a person to perform the duties of Director of Logistics. Join a dynamic team that is active with its communities!
Reporting to the General Management, the Director of Logistics will be responsible of the following tasks:
- Evaluate, determine and plan the technical and logistical needs of the festival;
- Establish and manage the logistics department budget;
- Negotiate services and agreements with suppliers and partners;
- See to the assembly and dismantling of equipment and merchandise in the park and respect the deadlines;
- Supervise all employees of the logistics department and ensure that established standards and procedures are respected;
- Define policies and service standards, including safety procedures;
- Transmit all information necessary to ensure the efficiency of activities during events;
- Deal with unforeseen situations, find solutions and make changes quickly, if necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and sense of priorities;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Initiative and autonomy;
- Positive leadership;
- Ability to stay on your feet for long hours;
- Adapt to different weather conditions;
- Familiarity with heavy site tools and equipment;
- Knowledge of stage techniques;
- Cautious to health and safety concerns at work;
- Interest in issues of the sexual and gender diversity.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in an event logistics management position or in a related field;
- Education: University degree in the event management field;
- Flexibility and availability in terms of working hours before, during and after the festival;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Job type: Permanent
- Length: March 2020
- Number of hours per week: Full-Time
- Workplace: Head Office
- Salary: To be discussed
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage individuals who identify with one or more of sexual and gender diversity communities, as well as racialized and/or Indigenous peoples, to apply for this position.
About the festival
Founded in 2007 as an initiative of Montréal’s sexual & gender diversity communities, Montréal Pride Festival is now the largest gathering in this matter in the Francophone World. The organization’s primary mission is to support and promote local communities while serving as a beacon of hope for people around the world who continue to battle injustice. Today, Montréal Pride Festival attracts more than 3.4 million local and international visitors on many days of community, cultural and festive activities including free shows, panels, the Community Day and the Parade.