DIRECTOR COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
Posted from February 9 to 17, 2021 — CLOSED
Founded in 2007 at the initiative of the sexually and gender diverse (SGD) communities, the Montréal Pride Festival, which includes a Pride Parade, a Community Day and a complete program of activities held at a unique large outdoor venue, is today the largest gathering of its kind in the Francophone world. The organization’s primary mission is to support and promote our local SGD communities while serving as a beacon of hope for the communities facing injustice around the world.
We invite you to join the Montréal Pride Team as Director, Communications and Marketing.
The Director of Communications and Marketing is responsible for all activities related to the Montréal Pride Festival’s internal, external and digital communications, public relations, promotional materials and the advertising of its activities and events as well as for its website. The director is also responsible for ensuring and promoting the Montréal Pride mission as well as actively participating in the team’s efforts to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead all the organisation’s communications, public relations and marketing activities as well as manage its social media;
- Develop the annual communications and marketing plan for the organisation’s activities including the Festival’s with an advertising and publicity schedule, publications, web and social media strategies as well as the public relations plan;
- Draft and/or approve all official internal and external communications;
- Oversee and coordinate contracts assigned to advertising agencies and to other suppliers;
- Manage all communications with the media including the handling of journalist requests, their assessment and the preparation of official responses and the training of spokespersons;
- Ensure the on-going monitoring of current events and recommend and carry out pertinent communication actions, as required;
- Monitor compliance with the Montreal Pride corporate image and graphic standard guidelines as they apply to print and electronic communications as well as to promotional materials.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing Management;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position preferably in a not-for-profit, community/festival environment;
- A strong understanding of 2SLGBTQ+ communities as well of diversity, equity and inclusion;
- An in-depth knowledge of conventional and digital marketing (products, positioning, pricing, advertising);
- A proven expertise in the management of social media;
- An advanced command of both spoken and written French and English languages;
- A proficiency with the following software: Google Analytics, Office365/Teams, WordPress and Facebook Business (Adobe Suite and HTML and CSS codes, an asset);
If you are a recognized team player with a mobilizing leadership as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills, send your resume right away to Jean-François Perrier at [email protected] in order to join the Montréal Pride Team.
Application deadline: February 17, 2021
We strongly encourage persons who identify with one or more sexually and gender diverse communities as well as people of color and/or Indigenous persons to submit their application for this position.