Online Support (Montréal / Tio’tia:ke)
- Interligne is a first response centre that provides help and information to those concerned with sexual orientation and gender diversity.
- Drugs : Help and referral: Provides support, information and referral to people coping with addiction throughout Québec.
- Multi-Écoute: Several services, including free listening service, available in several languages (Persian, Arabic, Spanish, French, English, Russian).
- Revivre: First and foremost an organization devoted to those affected by anxiety, depressive or bipolar disorders.
- Sexual Assault Center of the McGill Students’Society (SACOMSS): A volunteer-run organization committed to supporting survivors of sexual assault and their allies through direct support, advocacy, and outreach (Trans-inclusive).
- SOS violence conjugale: Bilingual, free, anonymous and confidential reception, evaluation, information, awareness, support and referral services 24/7, for victims of domestic violence and all those concerned by this issue (available by phone, by TTY for deaf people or by email).
- Suicide Action Montreal: Offers support services, crisis workers and monitoring for people who are at risk of committing suicide, for their friends and family and for people affected by suicide. You can access our services by dialing 1 866 277-3553. All communication is available 24/7 and free of charge.
- Tel Aide: Tel-Aide’s mission is to offer a free listening service, in English and in French, which is anonymous, confidential and 24/7. Our service is accessible to everyone who suffers from loneliness or stress, who are emotionally distressed or angry, or who simply need to confide in someone who will listen without judgement.
- West Island Crisis Centre: A non-profit, community-based organization that provides free and specialized crisis intervention services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Online Support (Québec)
- 1in6 offers a wide range of information and services for men with histories of unwanted or abusive sexual experiences, and anyone who cares about them.
- Le Néo: LGBTQ + Support Organization. Provides resources in French and support groups for trans people.
- Iris Estrie : Groupes de discussion (Groupe Entre-Nous et Groupe Caméléon). Un endroit où l’on peut s’exprimer librement, sans jugement. Focus Groups in French (Groupe Entre-Nous et Groupe Caméléon). A place where you can express yourself freely, without judgment.
- Toll-free line for sexual assault victims: The new information and referral helpline for sexual assault victims, their loved ones, and workers provides bilingual, confidential assistance.
- Sheltersafe: For women and children who are victims of domestic violence and looking for a safe place.
- Trans lifeline: Hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people.
Services for LGBTQ + people
- Aide aux trans du Québec (ATQ) : Offers various activities, conferences, support groups as well as a toll-free line for trans people.
- ASTT(e)Q Montréal : ASTT(e)Q aims to promote the health and well-being of trans people through peer support and advocacy, education and outreach, and community empowerment and mobilization.
- RÉZO (previously Action Sero Zero) is a community-based organization for gay and bisexual men in Montreal whose focus is overall health promotion as well as the prevention of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Assistance aux femmes is a shelter located in Montréal whose mission is to provide safe housing on a confidential basis and free of charge to women from all cultural communities who face domestic violence and their children.
- Auberge Madeleine’s mission is to welcome, house and support women of 18 and over living alone in a situation of homelessness.
- Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counselling and follow-up services to women who are currently experiencing or have experienced any form of spousal abuse.
- La Maison Grise: Host and support women in difficulty to help them regain power over their lives and promote their social reintegration
- Domestic Violence Help in Montréal (514-593-6353) : A shelter that specifically addresses immigrant women.
- Maison l’Océane : Our resort is for women with children victims of domestic violence who complete an emergency shelter in residence and who express the need to be safe but also to continue their efforts with the support of the interveners.
Centers (for therapy and ressources)
- The Centre for Gender Advocacy (the Centre) guided by its membership, works towards promoting gender self-determination and bodily sovereignty
- The Face à Face Listening and Intervention Centre offers active listening, intervention, and collaborative support to vulnerable and isolated individuals, on the telephone and in person, in order to encourage the process of empowerment and social reintegration.
- The Argyle Institute is a Montreal based psychotherapy and training centre. We offer individual, couple, and family therapy to LGBTQ+ communities with the Pride Team.
- The Montreal Sexual Assault Centre: Offers a range of bilingual services free of charge to anyone who has been a victim of sexual assault, sexual abuse or incest. Services are also offered to the victim’s family and close friends.
Clinics and legal services
- The Trans Legal Clinic offers free legal information and consultations to assist trans* people with changing their names and designations of sex on their identity papers. Volunteer law students offer legal information, and the volunteer supervising lawyer, Max Silverman, offers free consultations.
- Clinique de l’Alternative has been offering its medical services to the population for more than 20 years. The clinic is made up of a dozen physicians specializing in STI and STBBI (sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections) screening, medical gynaecology, and contraception.
Support for sex workers
- Alliance féministe solidaire pour les droits des travailleuses(rs) du sexe
- Stella : Stella is run by sex workers, for sex workers. We provide information, health clinics & other social services.